Saturday, July 24, 2010

Could this be skin cancer?

I have two marks on my penis head - one is somewhat circular shaped and the other one is small and isn't shaped circular. My doctor thought they were a yeast infection so he gave me yeast cream for it. None of them worked so I saw a dermatologist and he told me to use vaseline for six weeks and to come back to see what it is. He said he doesn't believe it is skin cancer because it's in two different spots, but it might be a scarring from the yeast cream or some type of allergic reaction from something..I can't figure out how I got them? Never had sex..could I Have got it from working out? Or masturbating without any lube? I don't want it to kill me or anything or I dont wanna lose my penis..any thoughts?


The vaseline btw has made the redness greately go away and when my penis is not hard I can barely even see it anymore, however when it gets hard it's more noticeable.

Could this be skin cancer?
Almost certainly not skin cancer. They could be small hemangiomas which are benign vascular lesions that can pop up at any age. If you do a search on hemangiomas you need to realize there are many types of hemangioma and some of the more benign types look like small purplish coloration of the skin. These are the least problematic of any type hemangioma and basically amount to a small purple coloration of the skin with no real significance. These spots or lesions might go away on their own in a few months, might be permanent or might go away after applying a corticosteroid cream for a few weeks. The possibility of these being hemangiomas and how best to treat them is something you need to discuss with your dermatologist next time you see him. good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment