Monday, August 23, 2010

Skin issues... any advice?

My skin is what I hate most about myself. It is dry but oily in certain places - like the "T" zone on my face and on either side of my nose. I use night time moisturizers to help with the dryness everywhere else on my face, but I feel like this contributes to the parts of my face that are oily (and I use oil-free moisturizer..it's Dove Nighttime cream to be exact). Another issue is that I have bumps... they aren't really zits - they don't get red and there doesn't seem to be anything in them. They're just bumps. Anyone know what I can do about these issues? Should I go to a dermatologist ?

Skin issues... any advice?
I have similar skin to yours and I find that I have to vary my skin routine depending on the season. I use a gentle milk cleanser every morning - it doesn't feel "clean" but it does cleanse and it keeps me from having irritated skin. I then use a gentle toner and then a moisturizer (I am fond of some the Olay moisturizers or a brand called Kiehl's). Once or twice a week I use an exfoliation treatment. This helps with the bumps and helps to keep your skin looking fresh.





I have always felt that overcleansing your skin and not using enough moisturizers makes your skin drier.
Reply:Dermatologists are great. If you cannot get to one, I recommend using Stridex pads 3 times daily in the oily places and Bio Oil in the dry places. At night, use a good balancing moisturizer from Neutrogena. Neutrogena also, I have found, offers a great line of cleansers...esp. their Deep Clean. (in no way am I connected/affiliated with these companies)


No comments:

Post a Comment