Monday, November 21, 2011

How to heal burnt skin (burnt from lemon juice)?

I was trying to follow this natural cosmetics advise...(Apply 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder mixed with teaspoon of lemon juice over pimple) and I burnt my skin , now I have 3 big red spots on my face and freaking out not knowing what to do...


I applyed sour cream for a bit, but it still there...Can anyone help me what to do?


Thanks in advance...





For reference I have dry skin and very fair complexion...

How to heal burnt skin (burnt from lemon juice)?
It sounds like a chemical burn..you could treat it like any other burn..there is some thing called "2nd skin moist burn pads" they work wonders on burns..you can find them right beside the band-aids at any pharmacy..you can cut them down to fit the area of the burns...they are like a band-aid..but they have a gel like substance ...it helps keep the area from drying out and a scab forming ..which can cause scarring to happen... and if there is any pain the coolness of the gel helps to ease it...also, if you have any A%26amp;D ointment you can use it ..this is very good for the skin and will help with the healing process.............





since your skin is already dry ..try to avoid anything that might cause these areas it to dry out more... you don't want scabs to form because a lot of time it will leave slight scars...
Reply:Lemon juice is very sour, that just means it's highly acidic, and that what causes the burn. I'm not sure if cinnamon contains alkaloid, but I gues those 2 are a very bad comnination. Since it is a chemical burn, do not put anything on it for the moment or it might just aggravate the situation. Your skin will heal in a few days, just bear with it in the meantime.


No comments:

Post a Comment